Friends of Hawkhead Cemetery may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was updated 17th August 2022
Who are we?
Friends of Hawkhead Cemetery is a group created to connect people who are interested in improving the cemetery and engaging in a productive discussion about what issues should be addressed. Our Correspondence address is Sinclair Barr Newsagents, 50 Glasgow Road, Paisley, PA1 3PW. Please direct any written correspondences for the attention of Mr Desmond Barr.
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the GDPR as 'any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier'.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers information such as your name, contact details and customer identification numbers.
The personal data that we collect and process is set out in Part 5, below.
Generic information which does not identify an individual such as 'info@...' is not personal data and can therefore be held outside the scope of the GDPR.
What we may collect
we may collect the following information:
1. Full Name
2. Contact information such as home address, email address and contact telephone number.
3. Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
4. other information in relation to surveys which are optional to complete.
How do we use the personal data?
1. To maintain our own accounts and records
2. to process membership applications if you wish to join our group.
3. We may use the information to make improvements to our website
4. We may wish to use the information to organise or tailor events to better suit our audience
5. We may send promotional emails about new events and causes or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect online.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared with other organisations without your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data of all active members as long as required for the purposes of their membership.
We will move data relating to former members to a separate secure suppressed list, but will
not contact them without seeking their consent to opt-in to such communications.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to
your personal data: -
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which SMISA holds about you
• The right to request that Friends of Hawkhead Cemetery corrects any personal data if it is found to be
inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for
Friends of Hawkhead Cemetery to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your
personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose not covered by this Notice, then we will
seek your prior consent to the new processing and provide you with a new notice explaining
this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and
For all queries, or to exercise all relevant rights, or to raise complaints please in the first
instance contact us at email@example.com
For further information about GDPR you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on
0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information
Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.